Friday, March 28, 2008

411

"On My Chest" by Lissie (www.myspace.com/lissiemusic). FIYA! Certified dope. I was lucky enough to be requested...sorry let me rephrase that - I was blessed with a request from Lissie on myspace (www.myspace.com/culturefiends) and have since become a fan of this star to be. She recently toured with Lenny Kravitz, and released a self titled EP "Lissie" (SONY BMG) in March of 2007, available on ITunes. Labeled acoustic rock, with hints of soulful folk, Lissie is breathing fresh air into a stale industry. Her vocal style stands alone, and is refreshingly distinct...similar to Dolores O'Riordan of the Cranberries. I can't get this track out of my head...a good thing. Make sure you peep the Morgan Page remix on myspace...butter. Rated NEXT! DO NOT SLEEP! -Mr.-

No comments: